Who We Are
The registered office of Family Wills & Estate Planning Ltd is 10 Ridgeway Moor, Sheffield, S12 3XW. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 8441384. We act as data controller when processing your data.
Our appointed Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person is Samantha Hadfield who can be contacted at 10 Ridgeway Moor, Sheffield, S12 3XW or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Personal Data is defined as “…any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.”
How we use your information
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to do any of the above, we must collect and store your data firstly for correspondence purposes. We will ensure that the information collected will only be used for its intended purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Family Wills & Estate Planning Ltd may wish to contact you for marketing purposes, however, we would contact you for additional consent for that purpose if not already given.
Will we share your personal data with anyone else?
We may need to pass your details onto third parties who are either contracted to, or part of the Family Wills & Estate Planning Ltd group of companies. Any third parties who we do pass your details onto are obliged to store your details securely and only process them if responding to requests to administer your estate, draft trusts or other ancillary documents, register a property you own with the Land Registry or arrange a funeral plan on your behalf. When the time comes that they no longer require your personal data, they will dispose of this accordingly and in line with our company policy. If we wish to pass your personal data to a third party, we will only do so with your explicit consent, unless we are legally obliged to do so otherwise.
How will we use the personal data we collect about you?
Processing data constitutes as collecting, storing and using. We will process this data in accordance with the GDPR. We will do our utmost to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it longer than is necessary. Family Wills & Estate Planning Ltd may issue occasional reminders to all customers to keep their contact details up to date and will update them accordingly.
Please be advised that there is information that we are required to keep in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes. Personal data may be held for longer than these periods, however this will depend on the individual needs of the company.
Under what circumstances will we contact you?
We will only ever contact you when necessary, or when you have requested that we do so. We do not mean at any point to be intrusive or ask for unnecessary information. We will do our best to ensure that the information we hold is as secure as possible to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can you find out about the personal data that we hold about you?
If you want to see what personal data we hold on you and how it is processed, you may contact us to request this. This is known as a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) and you must request this in writing (either by post or email), providing the necessary identification before any information is released. If Family Wills & Estate Planning Ltd do store any of your personal data, you may request information on the following:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the GDPR owner, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Family Wills & Estate Planning Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will you need to provide in order to access this?
Family Wills & Estate Planning Ltd will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Photo Driving Licence;
- Utility Bill (dated within the last 3 months);
- Notarised ID Document;
- Bank Statements (dated within the last 3 months)
Contact details of the GDPR Owner
If you wish to submit a DSAR, or have any questions regarding this privacy statement, you must do so in writing using the following information.
Address: Family Wills & Estate Planning Ltd, 10 Ridgeway Moor, Sheffield, S12 3XW
Telephone: 01246 433787 or 07985297245
To make this site simpler, small data files are placed on your computer. These are known as cookies.
They improve things by:
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page;
- remembering information you’ve given (e.g. your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it;
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish.
First party cookies are set by this website directly.
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies for all sites.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org.